Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #51 10.23.12

Thank you for coming back to link up with Tones on Tuesday. I apologize for being a day late due subscription problems and late night conferences at work. All is straightened out now and the linky is up a little further down :o). I want to say thank you to all of you who link up each week. There are many link ups you could choose and I am glad this is one of them! Also, it is wonderful to see many new photographers joining us!

Now onto the showcases from last week...

Emily at Bayberry
The softness of the black and white in this photo is lovely! And the expression of wonder is just precious! Thank you for sharing Emily!

Teresa at Eden Hills Photography
I love the light in this photo. It is stunning! And the texture adds a beautiful vintage feel. Thank you for sharing Teresa!

Mrs. Claus at Like Christmas Every Day
What amazing catchlights in those beautiful eyes! The dreaminess of the black and white adds so much to this photo. Thank you for sharing!

Emily, Teresa and Mrs. Claus please go HERE to grab your showcase button.

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here are the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one is for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button or a link back here to your post.
  • Leave comments for at least 3 other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!



Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

A few minutes from my house, I watched the sun set and cast a beautiful golden light. I am drawn to the warmth of this light and the way it glows behind the grasses. 

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/125, f/22
"Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it as such." - Henry Miller

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley     and then, she {snapped}

6 comments:

  1. I like the warmth of the tones and the interesting composition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pics! I just linked as well and will update my post with a link to this post as soon as I get home to my personal laptop - the work laptop gives me all kind of restrictions and I cannot edit my posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first link up! I LOVE this idea.
    Your "golden grasses" are beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily's photo at the top is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.