Thursday, August 2, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: King Tut

With my love of nature and landscape photography I love (and sometimes despise :o) natural light. Other lighting sources are a mystery to me and not something I feel comfortable shooting with. Therefore when I went to the Pacific Science Center to see the King Tut exhibit and found out I could do some non-flash photography I didn't have very high expectations. There were many different types of lighting on the different items and a few of them were exactly what I expected, too low to get a quality image. Some of them, though, were perfectly lit. The one below is of the top of a canopic jar. I love the drama of the lighting and how it makes the topper glow. I did a minimum of editing, choosing to let the lighting speak for itself. 


While I am still a lover of natural lighting, I just might be more open to different lighting sources in the future :o). 


Settings: ISO 400, 48mm, ss1/30, f/5.6
"Light is not so much something that reveals, as it is itself the revelation." - James Turrell 

Happily Mother After    the long road     Weekly Top Shot 

5 comments:

  1. I agree with you, I LOVE the lighting in this picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - that is gorgeous! Looks like it should be in a national geographic magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are indeed skilled with natural light. This is one splendid capture.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband and daughter want to go see the exhibit... I saw it years ago with my husband and enjoyed it but wouldn't want to go again. Love your shot, that is an amazing piece! I bought a lens recently (a Pentax FA 31mm, f/1.8) that is perfect for taking low light shots... Thank you for sharing on Weekly Top Shot #42!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.