Friday, July 6, 2012

Favorite Photo of the Week: Fireworks Over the Columbia 7.4.12

This is one of those rare occasions when I knew exactly what type of photo I would pick for my favorite of the week. I knew it had to be a fireworks shot. Not only is it from my favorite holiday, but I did a lot of prep work to get the photos and am really proud of the results. Picking which firework shot was a little harder! I decided on the shot below as it is not only visually appealing, but it captures my perception of the scene so well as it brings together the beautiful setting with the amazing fireworks.

To read about how I got this shot and see others, check out this blog post

Settings: ISO 100, 18mm, ss12secs, f/11 (on tripod, shutter on bulb)
"Fireworks are an art form that uses the night sky as the canvas." - Larry Crump

Happily Mother After    the long road       Weekly Top Shot 

14 comments:

  1. This shot is perfection. Love the view and hope you had a Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - fantastic photo and equally fantastic achievement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fellow PNW blogger! You have a new follower! Amazing fireworks! I enjoyed my first full week back blogging after the birth of my son. If you haven't already done so, please stop by my blog to say hello and
    "Like" Hood Photography on Facebook! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous with them over the water like that- WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect, Emily. Looks like a postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a fabulous shot! I am amazed at your ISO being so low for it being night time and still getting enough light! But you said you used a flash? Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No flash, but I did use a tripod and a remote so I could have the shutter on bulb and keep it open as long as I felt I needed to. Thank you!

      Delete
  7. Saw you on fabulous friday challenge by mcdougall photography.
    Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That really is a great shot!!

    New follower. Stopping by from the Fabulous Friday Blog Hop. Nice to meet ya.

    Falen
    http:://UpwardNotInward.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this shot and the view, I agree is beautiful!

    Thanks for sharing ,
    Loti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.