Thursday, March 8, 2012

A New Camera Bag at the Kirkland Marina Park 3.03.12

After the fantastic birthday brunch for my brother on Saturday, we headed to REI and I just had to look at camera backpacks :o). I wasn't expecting to find one, but I came across the Lowepro Sling Shot AW Series and it is exactly what I wanted. Being that I shoot outdoors and often have to walk a ways to capture my landscape and nature shots, I wanted something that was comfortable and easy to use. What I love about this backpack is that I can wear it on my back, swing it to the front and easily grab my camera or change lens. If you click on the link above you can see a video of what I am talking about. I also love the plethora of pockets and compartments that allows everything to have its place. Here is my camera fitting snugly in its new home :o):

Taken with the Hipstamatic App on my iPhone 
Edited with the Photogene2 App 

I have to mention my camera strap. I won it in the Shades of Autumn contest a few months back. It is by Gina at Stylish Beach Bum. I love the black and white and that the inside is soft and plush. It is a joy to wear.

Once we left REI we headed to Kirkland Marina Park and of course I had to put everything in my new camera bag in car so I could try it out (of course I did :o). It worked perfectly and allowed me to change my lens and feel secure even in a very intense wind. What I love about this park is that it is in the middle of downtown and on the water. It was filled with families and couples enjoying the sun despite the wind. There was an interesting sculpture in the middle of the park that I wanted to photograph. My goal was to get the lines of the sculpture as a silhouette and the bright blue of the sky with the soft texture of the clouds. The birds were a bonus! In processing I worked with the basic settings and the tone curve to make the colors pop and the silhouette stronger. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 200, 18mm, ss1/2000, f/10 (full manual, sunlight wb)
"Sculpture occupies real space like we do... you walk around it and relate to it almost as another person or another object." - Chuck Close


 

8 comments:

  1. Nice new camera accessories and your photo is lovely, Emily. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo!
    Thanks for stopping by Joy's Jots, Shots & Whatnots. I see you have some great challenges on your site. I'm always enJOY a challenge. I'll have to see if I can squeeze them in on my posts and link them up to your challenges.
    I have become your latest follower. Hope you come back and visit my blog soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. lucky you found something you like- I have been searching for years - and have not yet found the perfect fit for me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice scene.

    Regards and best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat bag!! Great pictures...

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new camera bag is also on my wish list, congrats on finding one! Love the image too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the camera strap is really nice. I hope it is soft to. It looks great anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That camera bag sounds awesome! I need something like that for vacation.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.