Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #22 2.14.12

Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your day is filled with many opportunities to tell the people you love that you love them :o)! Thank you for taking some time to view the showcases from last week and link up your photos. I LOVE learning from you!

Jaymi at Live, Love, Travel
The vibrancy of this photo and how the colors pop individually and together is a bit of magic! I love the details of the bubbles. Definitely a technique I am going to have to try! Thank you for sharing with us Jaymi.

Courtney at The Story of Us
What struck me most about this photo, beside the beautiful and soft black and white tones, was the way the objects chosen worked so well together. They not only spell the word love, but they all have a lovely antique feel. Thank you for linking up Courtney!

Sivinden at Just a Moment...
The light and shadows in this photo are simply stunning. They draw you in and I for one just want to wander down the path and do a bit of exploring. Thank you for sharing Sivinden!

Jaymi, Courtney and Sivinden please go HERE to grab your showcase button

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • One photo per photographer please. If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

Now for my picture this week...

On of my goals for the year has been to take a picture a day with my iPhone and post it on my Facebook page and to do a post a day on my blog. While I have taken a picture a day, the posting part in both cases hasn't been something I have been able to make a permanent part of my routine. I am trying not to be too hard on myself as this weekend I traveled to Astoria to see my dad for his birthday and this week I have parent teacher conferences. However, I am a very goal oriented person and find it difficult when I don't achieve my goals. I am going to try and focus on why I set those goals in the first place though...to stretch myself to keep taking pictures, to learn and grow and to continue to fulfill my passion. 

The photo below is from my weekend celebrating my dad's birthday. We took a trip to Longview for an errand and stopped at the park surrounding Lake Sacajawea. It a huge park with the most amazing trees. My goal was to capture the serenity of the park and to showcase the beautiful trees. For processing I used a preset called "Sweet" in an attempt play up the tones and the subtle differences in the lighting throughout the photo. Just another day of fulfilling my passion :o)...

Settings: ISO 200, 50mm, ss1/100, f/7.1 (full manual, cloudy wb)
"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Mahatma Gandhi


Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel 

4 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous and peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry, linky didn´t let me link up. here is my entry:
    http://tinaspicstory.blogspot.com/2012/02/29-days-11-vollmond.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow beautiful shot of the park! And thanks for picking my lime as a winner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're shot this week is so pretty! Love Jaymi's photo too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.