Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Tones on Tuesday #17 1.10.12

Welcome to Tones on Tuesday! I am so glad you are here and I hope you will take a look at the photos and link up a photo of your own. Seeing your photos, visiting your blogs and being inspired by your work is one of the highlights of my week!

Now on with the showcases...

Jouko from Rubberduck Blog
Soft, ethereal and peaceful. Doesn't this look like a perfect place to just be? Beautiful tones, Jouko, thank you for sharing and for linking up!

Georgia from Simply Silver
I love the vintage feel of this edit and how it makes a toy look like the real thing. Thank you for linking up Georgia!

I find herons to be majestic creatures. I love how the black and white plays that up and adds such great drama. Thank you for sharing this photo with us Bek!

Due to the fact that some participants have been confused about which button to use, I am going to put the "Showcased" button HERE. Jouko, Georgia and Bek please go HERE to grab your button

Now it's your turn to share your photo with altered tones. Here is the guidelines for Tones on Tuesday:
  • The basic idea is to share one photo where you have altered the tones. Such as a black and white, sepia toned, selective coloring or colored photo. Feel free to share the original and edit, or just the edit.
  • Please share a photo that you have taken and edited yourself.
  • If you have more than one photo in your post please indicate which one if for Tones on Tuesday.
  • Please link up with your permalink and not your blog address.
  • Attach the Tones on Tuesday button to your post
  • Leave comments for the other participants, share the love :o)!
  • Have fun!
Disclaimer - By participating you give Scattered Horizons permission to share your photo on this blog. Photographers will be given credit for their work.

For my picture this week, I am taking a small break from my sunset streak to show off a picture of my dog niece Cece. I love dogs. I grew up with a black lab for the first several years of my life. My favorite show is The Dog Whisperer. But due to my current living situation, I cannot have a dog right now. So, whenever possible I borrow my brother's girlfriend's dog Cece. She is the most amazing animal and just a joy to be around. While she was over yesterday, I took a few pictures using my new 50mm lens. I love this picture of her sleeping as it captures the contentment of a lazy Sunday afternoon. I went with a tip I learned from various blogs I have read about focusing on the subjects eye when using a low aperture number (something I don't often do shooting landscapes) and I think it worked really well for the kind of feeling I wanted. Below are the SOOC and a black and white conversion. I love black and white, but I think I might like the SOOC best in this case. What do you think?

Settings: ISO 800, 50mm, ss1/30, f/2.0 (full manual, tungsten wb)

Lightroom Black and White Conversion
"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive." - Gilda Radner

Joining the link ups below. Be sure to check out the beautiful shots and join the Tones on Tuesday link up found further down!
 Sweet Shot Day  Live, Love, Travel 

12 comments:

  1. I really love the color version! It is a sweet shot either way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hard to choose - both pics have merits but I think I'm with you in the SOOC shot overall - that glorious honey brown fur makes it hard to resist. Thank you for your time and effort in hosting this link up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both pics are sweet, but I think I like the SOOC the best! She looks so content!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a sweet pup! I love both versions! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that vintage edit from Simply Silver is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun to look at the pics you featured! The dog is so sweet looking. I liked seeing the before and after shot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Found you on Sweet Shot Tuesdays! Love your blog -- and your photos! Your dog is the perfect model -- both versions of your photo are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea for a meme! Thanks for visiting Mammoth Lakes DP!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also like your SOOC version better - it lets you feel closer and you want to cuddle your sweet dog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for linking to me! :) Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.