Thursday, December 1, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: Thanksgiving Morning 11.24.11

For my edit of my Thanksgiving sunrise photo, I went with a basic settings edit. I love the softness of trees in the SOOC shot, but I felt like it was competing with the colors of the sky and that was what I truly wanted to capture when I snapped. Therefore, my goal with the processing was to make the sky color a bit more vibrant allowing it to pop more. I upped the blacks, contrast, exposure and recovery and another beautiful silhouette was born! I think I may have an obsession with silhouettes. Yesterday I posted two similar pictures taken months apart, I thought I would do the same thing in this case. Then you can judge, is my obsession getting out of hand?


Thanks for stopping by!


SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 400, 55mm, ss1/160, f/8.0 (full manual)

Edited with Lightroom
"What is the good of your stars and trees, your sunrise and the wind, if they do not enter into our daily lives?" - E.M. Forster

Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the inspiring Thanksgiving photo edits!

Some silhouette shots from the past...
  




 

 



 


Wow, I think it may be official! I have a silhouette problem. I guess there are worse obsessions to have :o).

6 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and say congratulations! You won one of the prizes in our Shades of Autumn Photo Challenge Finale Giveaway. Go here to find out which prize you won and reply to the email I sent in order to claim your prize!

    http://www.bumblesandlight.com/2011/12/winners-shades-of-autumn-photo-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but they are all so beautiful! Keep shooting them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of these are so beautiful - absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Silhouettes are beautiful but challenging. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe... nope! It sure looks like silhouettes are your thing! You sure have some awesome ones! love the first few grass shots. I'm loving how you kept your edit clean -- although I'm barely seeing a change -- maybe try to up the vibrance more to make the colors pop a touch more! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too love silhouettes. My favorite is the shot with the cattails. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.