Thursday, December 15, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: Lighting Up the Holiday 12.13.11

I go back and forth between enjoying this time of year and feeling the stress of it. I love the lights, the music and the joy. On the other hand, though, there is so much to do and so little time. I stress about the deadlines and the responsibilities. I am trying to remember that it always gets done every other year and I know it will this year too. I just have to concentrate on what I love about the holidays and take the time to enjoy it. Thank goodness for photography challenges and blogs! They continue to stretch me as a photographer and because so many of the prompts and themes are holiday related I don't need to look far to remember what it is that makes Christmas time so special. So, thank you to everyone who is helping me to keep my Christmas spirit! I am grateful for you :o).

Now for my edits for the Good to Wow Challenge - Bokeh Lights. I loved my SOOC shot so I stuck with a clean edit in Lightroom as I didn't want to stray too far. However, I was playing around with the Vibrancy and really liked the look of putting it all the way down...almost black and white with a hint of blue. So you get to see both, lucky huh :o)? What do you think? Thank you for stopping by!

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 800, 44mm, ss1/10, f/5.0 (full manual, tripod, tungsten wb)

Edits

"There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it." - Edith Wharton


Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the stunning Bokeh Light photo edits!

7 comments:

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.