Thursday, December 8, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: The Holidays Begin in Anacortes 12.04.11

I am still not back on track with my posting being that I missed yesterday :o(. Slowly but surely I am making my way back to my previous success with a post a day. On a more positive not however, I am feeling more and more in the holiday spirit and I think that is due in large part to seeing all the amazing holiday photos. I am inspired not only to take my own holiday pictures, but also to embrace the holiday spirit. You see, I am usually slow to fully commit to Christmas when I am still working. Once Winter Break starts at school and that stress is removed, I feel like I can turn my attention to Christmas. This year is different and I am enjoying feeling like I can do both. Thank you to all of you for inspiring me :o)!

Now for my photo edits this week I wanted to go with a vintage feel for the first one and to emphasize the stained glass colors in the second one. For my holiday lights photo I lighten the photo and put the vibrance all the way down so the red popped. Then I worked with the contrast, saturation and brightness and followed this with a creamed colored graduated filter using Cedar's guest tutorial this week. For the church stained glass windows, I cropped and upped the blacks all the way. I then played with the saturation and vibrance to add some depth to the colors in the window. Very different intents and products for my edits, but I really like both of them. What do you think?

Thank you for stopping by!

SOOC Shot

Settings: ISO 200, 30mm, ss2.0sec, f/14 (full manual, tripod, tungsten wb)

Edited in Lightroom

SOOC Shot
Settings: ISO 200, 32mm, ss1.3sec, f/6.3 (full manual, tripod)

Edited in Lightroom
"What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace." - Agnes M. Pharo

Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the inspiring Thanksgiving photo edits!

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful job - love the stained glass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nicely done on both edits! They are really lovely! I'm glad you were able to use the information in my tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi emily,

    that is an excellent result!

    outstanding shots!

    i love your blog!
    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.