Sunday, October 9, 2011

Project 64: Brick Red Trough 10.08.11


The color of the week for Project 64 was brick red, which turned out to be a bit more pink that I imagined. It was a little difficult to find. I am not sure I found the perfect match, but while on the Clickin Mom's Clickin Walk yesterday I found this trough near the Freemont Library. My goal was to capture the red tones, but also the contrast between the foliage and the trough (not sure if that is what it is called, but oh well :o). In post processing I adjusted the basic setting in Lightroom and then ran Pioneer Woman's Lovely and Ethereal Action in Photoshop.

What do you think? Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 800, 55mm, ss1/160, f/5.6 (full manual)
"Charm is a product of the unexpected." - Jose Marti

Linking up with Project 64 and Sunday Snapshot. Check out where others spied Periwinkle and the moments others want to remember this Sunday!
project64 button Sunday Snapshot

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo, as we show that flower is full of poetry, exquisite. I wish you a happy week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great photo, I like all the contrasts - texture, color......

    ReplyDelete
  3. The *juxtaposition* between the trough and delicate flowers is really great. Love the color of the flowers. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers "spilling" over the trough are beautiful. Great color contrast.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.