Thursday, October 27, 2011

Good to Wow Edit: Fallen Leaves 10.22.11

Despite the exhaustion of this week that feels like it should have ended days ago, I was excited to check out the guest tutorial Michelle wrote for the Good to Wow Edit challenge. You can check out the amazing tutorial here. Basically she showed us how to have a photo displayed through words. I downloaded a trial of Photoshop Elements to try it out and I loved how simple Michelle's tutorial was. It produced such an amazing result. Thank you Michelle! I edited my other SOOC shots for the challenge using Lightroom Presets from Preset Heaven which had a post called "28 Free Presets from Chris." I wanted to make the photos look a bit aged. I also used the preset that comes with Lightroom for rounded corners. You can see the SOOC shots and read more about my memories here


Now on with the edits!




"A few days ago I walked along the edge of the lake and was treated to the crunch and rustle of leaves with each step I made. The acoustics of this season are different and all sounds, no matter how hushed, are as crisp as autumn air." - Eric Sloane

Linking up with Good to Wow: Edit. Check out the amazing before and afters! 


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Emily! I'm so tickled that you enjoyed it and rocked your edit! Beautiful colors! Love the simple design of the leaves.

    Thanks for all the sweet words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the first edit that looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of the word fall for your photo! Terrific edits and photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I love the sights and sounds of Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.