Saturday, October 1, 2011

Clark Lake Trail 9.30.11

Yesterday I decided to leave work a little early (for me that was 5pm instead of 8pm) so I could take some pictures before the rain that was supposed to descend this weekend. I went back to Clark Lake Park, which is a lake that is nestled in the middle of busy roads and houses. It was a pleasant surprise to find such a beautiful setting in such an unexpected place. The light was amazing and even after the sun went down I was able to capture some lovely moments. Today's photo is of the trail back from the lake to the parking lot. The sun had just went down so I had to use my tripod with a slow shutter speed in order to get the shot. It turned out a bit too warm, but I love the leading lines and the framing. So I went searching for free Lightroom Presets and found Preset Heaven which had a post called "28 Free Presets from Chris." After some help from the Digital Photography School I was able to use the Cold Steel Preset to achieve the effect I wanted.

I would love to know what you think. Thank you for stopping by!

SOOC (with RAW to JPG conversion)
Settings: ISO 200, 29mm, ss5.0sec, f/10

EDIT
Edited with Adobe Lightroom and Cold Steel Preset
"I could never resist the call of the trail." - Buffalo Bill


Linking up with SOOC Saturday. Check out the other photos!
SOOC Saturday

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! From the name of the feature I was expecting something a little greyer. It actually makes it look more lush. Sounds like you had a lovely walk.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know NOTHING about DSLR photography or editing. Your edit looks beautiful, as does your SOOC shot. I would love to learn a little. I'm your newest blog and FB follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.