Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Lily Pads of Beaver Lake 09.03.11

Long, long day of teaching followed by a dentist appointment followed by work at home. I rewarded myself for finishing my work by editing one of my lily pad photos (the long awaited ones :o). This photo was taken at Beaver Lake Park near Issaquah. A corner of the lake is covered with lily pads and nestled among them are a few gorgeous magenta flowers. The whole scene is very zen and editing this photo brought me back to that feeling. My goal in capturing this photo was to communicate that zen feeling and showcase the contrast between the lily pads and the flower. In post processing I did a creative edit to make the colors pop and to minimize the reflection in the water under the lily pads as it was very distracting. I am really pleased with how it turned out. I would love to read your thoughts or suggestions. Thank you for stopping by!

Settings: ISO 100, 250mm, ss1/6, f/6.3 (full manual on tripod)
"If there is magic on the planet, it is contained in the water." - Loren Eisley

Linking up with Sweet Shot Tuesday. Head over and check out the other sweet shots!

Sweet Shot Day

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, love the dark water against the lilly pads and that bright pink flower. Feels very relaxing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.