Friday, September 9, 2011

Favorite Photo of the Week: Lily Pads of Beaver Lake 09.03.11

This week I have been thankful for the escape and fulfillment my photographic journey provides. Even though I don't get the chance to take pictures during the week I do get to edit and share my photos and that gives me such joy. Hearing from you what you think about my photos and how I can become better gives me such joy. Being acknowledged by amazing photographers for my work gives me such joy. I am filled with joy and I can definitely use it!

My favorite photo for the week is from a shoot at Beaver Lake of lily pads and flowers. I first posted it here and then again with the before and after here. It is my favorite because it was an unexpected find when visiting this new park and because the edit I did had a purpose that I achieved. I love discovering new parks, but you never know what you will find there. These lily pads and flowers were just sitting there waiting to be photographed :o). When I opened this photo in Lightroom, though, I was a little bummed because the colors were a bit washed out and some of the reflections in the water were distracting. I was able to correct both of these issues and I think the end result is beautiful. I am seriously contemplating printing this and framing it on my wall. 

I would love to know what you think of this photo. Thank you for adding so much to my journey to photograph my world!

Settings: ISO 100, 250mm, ss1/6, f/6.3 (full manual on tripod)
"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." - Author Unknown


Linking up with Fabulous Friday and Favorite Photo of the Week, the new Favorite Photo Friday and Better than the Best. My photo last week was chosen as top 5 by Jennifer. I am honored and humbled! Be sure to check out the inspiring and beautiful photos from this week!
  the long road

7 comments:

  1. Love the peaceful colors...the whole capture has such a serene feeling to it. Lovely. And thank you so much for visiting my blog :)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your composition. The pink flower stands out so well among the lily pads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful exposure all around. Colors are perfect, composition is lovely. If you corrected any flaws, it's hard to see what they were, so great post-editing work as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your thoughts! I love reading your comments and critiques.